Sunday 3 February 2019

WORLD CANCER DAY - 4 TH FEBRUARY. (TOBBACO).





 LUNG CANCER



Cancerous Tumor  
 

“Dekh To Dil Ke Ja Se Uthta Hai, Yea Dhuan Kahan – Kahan Se Uthta Hai.” 

“See from where this smoke comes - Your Heart or Life.”

My experience in “ No Tobacco” through Behavior Change Communication. - 

I was going to  a market from my home in Delhi  for some work. 

It was 5 pm last June. 

Due to the distance  I catch a Rickshaw and directed the puller to take me to the market. 

After driving some time he stopped the Rickshaw and took out a big pouch of Tobacco from his upper pocket of his Shirt.

He took out some tobacco from it and put it in his mouth. 

Knowingly, I said, what are You chewing?

He replied Jarda (powder or crushed Tobacco). 
  
Again I asked, is it good for Health? 

He said, no sir it only changes mood. 

I said how much Tobacco you eat in a day?

He said full 1 big pouch of Jarda in a day.
 
I asked are You alone here? 

He said no sir, I am living with my family.

I have 2 children and both of them are studding in private school.

And I don’t want them to pull Rickshaw and my mother – father lives in village.

I am the only bread – butter earner of the whole family.

I said great; tell me what happens if you died suddenly due to illness or Cancer due to this Tobacco chewing. 
   
He said how I could die due to illness; I am young, Healthy and took good food. 

I said that’s ok; but you are calling your death in the form of Cancer. 

He said how, and he stopped the Rickshaw.

 I saw his pale face. 

I said you are taking Tobacco which causes Cancer.

And I took his pouch and saw him a small message on it. 

For few seconds he was mum; and suddenly he took the pouch and throw it in the drain and pick my foot. 

My heart was filled with heavenly joy and eyes with tears. 

He said I took oath of my children that from now I will not take any type of tobacco. 

I pick his hand and said if he feels any problem he must consult the doctor.

It was the win of ‘No Tobacco program’, ‘Cancer program’ and above all BCC program. 

I remember this incident with pride. 

God bless that man.

Broadly, there are 19 cancers that can be generally related to life style.

Though it is very difficult to pinpoint any definite cause of Cancer.
Certain substances, known as carcinogens, can definitely increase your chances of getting cancer. 

For instance, people who smoke or chew tobacco are more prone to mouth, throat and lung cancer. 

Contrary to popular opinion, Beedi (local Cigrate) smoking is twice as dangerous as cigarettes. 

Oral and lungs in males and Cervix and breast in females account for over 50% of all cancer deaths in India. 

In India, Cancer has become 1 of the 10 leading, 2 biggest causes of death.  
Cancer is growing at 11 per cent annually.   

It is estimated that there are nearly 1.5-2 million cancer cases at any given point of time.   

In 1991, 6 lakhs (more than half million) new cancer cases were diagnosed; that figure has now risen to 8 lakhs. 

Nearly 15 lakh (1.5 million) patients require facilities for diagnosis, treatment and follow up at a given time. 

Every hour, cancer kills at least 50   people in India and claims 100 new patients. 

About 7, 00,000 to 9, 00,000 new cancer cases are detected yearly.   

Breast cancer cases have doubled in INDIA in the last two decades. 
An estimated 4, 40,000 people die of   cancer every year.
 
In Bihar - Throat Cancer - 08 - 4436, in 13 - 7472.

Bihar and MP have highest number of Tobacco using people.

In the world One billion people smoke tobacco.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends my book "ROOTS INDIA" is coming in this month.  In this book one will get an Ancient Indian Literature from Veda, its Peri...