Tuesday 24 January 2017

My experience in “ No Tobacco” through B C C.




"Dekh To Dil Ke Ja Se Uthta Hai, Yea Dhuan Kahan – Kahan Se Uthta Hai.”
My experience in “ No Tobacco” through BCC. -
I was going to sector 12, Dwarka, Delhi from Sector 18 for some work. It was 5 pm last June. Because the distance was short I catch a Rikshaw and directed the puller to take me to secter 12, Dwarka, Delhi. After time drive he stoped the Rikshaw and took out a big pouch of Tobacco from his upper pocket of his Shirt took out some tobacco from it and put it in his mouth. Knowingly I said what r U eating. He replied Jarda (Tobacco). Again I asked is it good for Health? He said no sir it only changes mood. I said how much Tobacco he eat a day, he said full 1 big pouch of Jarda in a day, which costs about Rs 100.
I asked from where u came from and r U alone here? He said no sir I am living with my family I have 2 children and both of them are studing in private school and I don’t want them to pull Rikshaw and I am from Bihar my mother – father lives there and I am the only bread – butter earner of the whole family.
I said great; tell me what happens if u died suddenly due to illness. He said how I could die due to illness; I am young, Healthy and took good food. I said that’s ok but U are calling your death in the form of Cancer. He said how and he stopped the Rikshaw , I saw his pale face.
I said U are taking Tobacco which causes Cancer and I took his pouch and saw him a small message on it. For few seconds he was mum and suddnely he took the pouch and through it in the drain and pick my foot. My heart was filled with heavenly joy and eyes with tears. He said I took oath of my children that from now I will not take any type of tobacco. I pick his hand and said if he feels any problem he must consult the doctor.
It was the win of ‘No Tobacco program’, ‘Cancer program’ and above all BCC program. Till date I remember it with pride. God bless that man.
Broadly, there are 19 cancers that can be generally related to life style.
Though it is very difficult to pinpoint any definite cause of Cancer, certain substances, known as carcinogens, can definitely increase your chances of getting cancer. For instance, people who smoke or chew tobacco are more prone to mouth, throat and lung cancer. Contrary to popular opinion, Beedi smoking is twice as dangerous as cigarettes.
Oral and lungs in males and Cervix and breast in females account for over 50% of all cancer deaths in India.
One billion smokers in the world now: study:  One billion people in the world smoke tobacco while 240 million have an alcohol use disorder, according to a new study that compiled the most up-to-date evidence on addictive disorders globally.
The study shows that almost 5 per cent of the world's adult population (240 million people) has an alcohol use disorder and more than 20 per cent (1 billion people) smoke tobacco.
Getting good data on other drugs such as heroin and cannabis is much more difficult but for comparison the number of people injecting drugs is estimated at around 15 million worldwide, researchers said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends my book "ROOTS INDIA" is coming in this month.  In this book one will get an Ancient Indian Literature from Veda, its Peri...